I TOOK THE PLUNGE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
Well I just took a big chance. I went ahead and purchased the Quad Mt. Vernon AE. Am I crazy or what? Anyway, it was between this unit which has the new control board for 3000.00 or they had a left over Mt. Vernon for 2300.00. The mt vernon for 2300.00 was noisier and the AE was virtually silent. My logic is this: I am the kind of guy that if I didn't get the AE, I would always know that there is a unit out there that is potentially better that I chose not to get because of some issues with it. I'll take my chances. If there are some issues, the service depts tend to slow down this time of year and they will be out to the house if need be. Can anyone help me sleep better tonight and tell me they love their AE? Thanks for all your help on this board.

I can tell you I have 3 customers who put them in this year and love them. One is a builders new house and he is using it to heat the thing since late December while they are finishing up construction inside. One needed the vac switch replaced other than that all 3 have been working great since install.

No reason not to sleep, I love my AE but I am not going to lie and tell you I had no initial problems with it. However my dealer and the rep from Quad were fantastic and I (knock on wood) couldn't be happier right now. If you have the latest control board and wall unit you shouldn't have any problems. In the event these need to be changed out it's not a big deal as long as your dealer is knowledgeable about the stove you should be fine. You purchased a really nice unit! Good luck and keep warm!

If you are the type of person that wants quality and features, you should not settle for less than the top of the line!

I have told many people here to buy Harmans when they questioned the price - at the same time telling them it was not going to "pay" for itself as quickly - or at all. But as they say:
"If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is wise to add something for the risk you run. If you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

"When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything. Because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot, it can't be done. "

Congrats. That is a good looking high quality stove. Hit us with pics once it is in and burning.

Sleep. Rest. Dream of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.