I was Bob Fishers first employee -

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

N6TT

Aug 5, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
I was Bob Fishers first employee. If I remember correctly, It was 1971 - 1972, I was 19 yrs. old and a certified welder.
Bob and I worked at the same welding shop in Springfield, Oregon. Bob was looking for a welder to go with him on his new business adventure. I accepted.

There were 2 of us at the new shop in Springfield, Oregon. Me the welder, and another kid who painted the stoves.

Bob was a tobacco chewing man, and rough around the edges. But so was I so we got along fine.
His wife and kids used to come into the shop, the kids were knee high to a grasshopper. Everyday customers would come in to look at the stoves. I could not build them fast enough.

I worked there for about 1 year. Then I accepted a job at the City of Beaverton, Oregon. You could see that Bob was going to be very successful with his new stove business.