I wish I had found this Forume in 2009!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
usmc0861 said:
AppalachianStan said:
Where did you find the wood stove. I have looked all over Craigslist (Charlotte NC, Asheville NC, Hickory NC, Greenville SC. Now as for going up north is out. No truck and no money. So it has to be kinda local.

I just search craigslist almost daily. Been looking for another 30, but no luck. Stopped searching for a week or so and on my next search, BAM!, one for $450. Crossing my fingers that things work out and that I can pick it up on Sat.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Make sure you post pics :)

Ray

usmc0861 said:
AppalachianStan said:
Where did you find the wood stove. I have looked all over Craigslist (Charlotte NC, Asheville NC, Hickory NC, Greenville SC. Now as for going up north is out. No truck and no money. So it has to be kinda local.

I just search craigslist almost daily. Been looking for another 30, but no luck. Stopped searching for a week or so and on my next search, BAM!, one for $450. Crossing my fingers that things work out and that I can pick it up on Sat.[/quo

Good luck and welcome.
I will be looking now that I know what to look for. I will not buy scrap metal.

AppalachianStan said:

I live in the Charlotte NC area just up the road from you and have been posting links to CL adds for decent stoves. I keep an eye on them in the area just because. All things woodburning.... its a sickness. Actually I'm keeping an eye out for my brother (which is how I got my Buck because it was too big for his fireplace). I was able to get it for $500 after some haggling. They are defininately out there but for every EPA stove out there you will see 15 steel boxes. It's a search but worth it if you can't / won't pay new prices.

Maybe I missed it but are you looking for a free standing or an insert?

Edit: Just found this one. Don't know where Ellenboro is but it was listed on the Charlotte CL site.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2706364600.html

Edit 2: Here's another one. A Quadrafire 2700i. Asking 995 for it.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2696561999.html

WoodpileOCD said:
AppalachianStan said:

I live in the Charlotte NC area just up the road from you and have been posting links to CL adds for decent stoves. I keep an eye on them in the area just because. All things woodburning.... its a sickness. Actually I'm keeping an eye out for my brother (which is how I got my Buck because it was too big for his fireplace). I was able to get it for $500 after some haggling. They are defininately out there but for every EPA stove out there you will see 15 steel boxes. It's a search but worth it if you can't / won't pay new prices.

Maybe I missed it but are you looking for a free standing or an insert?

Edit: Just found this one. Don't know where Ellenboro is but it was listed on the Charlotte CL site.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2706364600.html

Edit 2: Here's another one. A Quadrafire 2700i. Asking 995 for it.
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2696561999.html

I have to have a free standing, 8" flue, and Cat. It would be nice to find a good wood stove for $200.00 but we will see.

So you're on a BIG game hunt. To get one in that price range will take some patience but sooner or later someone will be wanting to get rid of one bad enough. More than likely it will be in the spring or summer though. Good luck with the hunt.

I am in no hurry the beast I have burn good with good dry wood and no smoke out the chimney. Just need to get a cat for it. I not know the EPA rating on the stove and can not find a date on the stove.

Welcome to the forum AS . . . I suspect you'll fit in very well here.

Thanks firefighterjake. I have learned a lot about the new way to burn wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.