If you were given a free stove of your choice...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stove construction (in no particular order)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new, 2012 model.

Just want to see your thoughts. Some buy because of price, some because of function, some because of looks... doesn't matter if its freestanding or an insert.

You just tell the deliveryman what you want, and its there. No limitations due to your hearth construction, etc. Just pure fantasty.

I have become a huge fan of jotul overnight because of the cast and the beauty. They throw a ton of soft heat and keep our home nice and warm.

Pete

Big honkin steel non-cat. Anything else would be for that delivery dude to drop off a nice pellet insert and 10 years worth of pellets.

Pallet Pete said:
I have become a huge fan of jotul overnight because of the cast and the beauty. They throw a ton of soft heat and keep our home nice and warm.

Pete

That ain't no cast stove. It is a steel stove in an iron dress. :coolsmirk:

plate steel,

BrotherBart said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

That ain't no cast stove. It is a steel stove in an iron dress. :coolsmirk:

Aaaa but that's the magic bb steel box cast to do the work :lol: Man does that cast work too it's almost as good as the wedding night lol. Don't tell the misses %-P

Pete

From everything I read here, it would be Fireview. This winter is just too difficult to keep family (wife) happy, either house is too hot or need 2 cold restarts a day.

Another lopi liberty :) or blaze king

metalsped said:
I am really more bored than anything. I am no closer to picking out what kind of stove I want... just figured I would ask.

BK ELVIS

I'd be real happy with a Regency F2400 . I've had good service out of the 2100 for 12 years, but I wouldn't mind a bit deeper firebox .

A BK cat system stuck in a stove that looks like a VC design, made by Woodstock.

My Endeavor is one of the best "durable good" purchases I have ever made. Knowing what I know now, I stumbled into a great choice. I did not base my decision on looks and I do wish it had to the looks of a soapstone stove:) In this size house I would replace with another Endeavor. The hard decision would be if I moved and needed a bigger stove. I don't like the firebox dimensions of a Liberty (I like square). I would probably do a BK King (another decision not based on looks).

I voted for plate steel of course. Those old Fishers are being refurbished and running strong.

MarkinNC said:
I don't like the firebox dimensions of a Liberty (I like square).

That still bothers me and I don't even own a Lopi stove anymore. Another inch or two in depth and that stove would've been in my house.

Steel stoves for me, most of them being made are steel anyway. PE stoves are steel wrapped in cast, the new WS is steel with some stone on it. Steel is where it's at!

Our Endeavor has served us well for 9 seasons. Easy to use, low maintenance. I would have to chose it or similar unit. The local dealer for Lopi was the only dealer interested in helping me with the DIY installation that I found in 100mi. radius. He was infact very helpful. Other dealers were not willing to sell stove, pipe and chimney unless they installed as well.
Tom

Seems as there should be another category or two. For the sake of pure fantasy, a thermal mass heater, stone or masonry, would be for me.

I voted nuclear.

Welded steel for me, even though my last stove was 130 years old, cast iron, I had to do a bunch of welding to make it safe.

After a lot of research if i was to replace the magnolia i would put a nc 30 in its place.

I want a huge soapstone masonry heater, but I'd have to build a new house around it.

Todd said:
I want a huge soapstone masonry heater, but I'd have to build a new house around it.

I want to live in a 2,200 sq ft loft with no walls with one large stove in the middle.

Well i like soapstone and would prob go with the Fireview (make that window a door) or a Heartstone.Had hearth already built so couldn't get 1 this time.No complaints here though i think i'm over stoved.

metalsped said:
Brand new, 2012 model.

Just want to see your thoughts. Some buy because of price, some because of function, some because of looks... doesn't matter if its freestanding or an insert.

You just tell the deliveryman what you want, and its there. No limitations due to your hearth construction, etc. Just pure fantasty.

If this is pure fantasy can I have the Halle Berry Stove?

Any new Blaze king would be my choice. I love those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.