Ignition Problems ....... Help !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJackson

Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2006
I have had a new gas fire installed which has been a bit tempermental but now has ceased to work reliably. It is only about 1 month old and this is what is happening:

Initially the fire ignited normally. The electric ignition clicked a few times, the fire lit and ignition stopped as expected. After a while the fire often went out but the ignition automatically re-ignited it. Later the fire went out, the ignition clicked for a while and then stopped without igniting the gas. When this happened the ignition ceased to work again for a while (no clicking).

At the moment the ignition clicks normally but the fire usually won't light. After a while the ignition stops automatically. In fact this is happening more often now with the ignition sometimes not clicking at all.

When the service man came to have a look it worked normally for him, so he just cleaned it out for me and checked the wiring. However after he left the problems persisted. Currently the fire won't light at all even when the ignition appears to be working.

Sounds like I have an intermittent ignition or gas flow problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

possible that the orifice on gas valve has crap in it.. Probably from piping not being cleaned properly before final connection. or wrong sized orifice...Thats all I can say to you about it. there are others here, but they will want more info. so start typing.

What kind of stove
new gas piping or existing
exhaust pipe setup and type
pro install
etc. etc. etc. etc.

I should add here that a qualified service guy should be working on this stove. As doing somthing incorrectly can be dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.