I'M BURNING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooooo sick of this weather.......hot and dry.........mid 90s today........mid 60s at night.

No rain in sight.....for several months.....so dry the grass is mostly brown and dust is terrible everywhere.

Golden rod and rag weed is thriving here in Tennessee right now and all the leaves on the trees are all still green.

All we need is one good cold snap (upper 40s) one night to get things turning in the other direction though.

My stove is chompin at the bits.... :) , I am sitting on a lot of really dry wood.......I am months of kindling and home grown fatwood ahead........all ready to go...........all I need is the green light.

Tennessee.........is ready and waiting............... %-P

Robbie

We had our 40's-at-night cold snap a week ago. Didn't help. Back up near 90, had terrible humidity last night, and the long-suffering central A/C finally gave up the ghost. (Was going to replace it anyway.) Had to scour the area for anyone still selling window units to get through the week.

Our leaves never change before maybe late october. So dry this year, I don't expect much color anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.