Inferno "Gold"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude110

Feeling the Heat
Aug 12, 2011
Central Connecticut
Saw these at the Manchester CT Big Y -- is this real life?

photo-21.JPG

I'd buy a few bags, might be the sleeper pellet of the season, or a bomb, years of negative reviews maybe they got some real wood instead of grinding up pallet's.
Cant be any worse than Lee Energy, North American's or NY G.S., those pellet's suck in that order.

You think the "gold" branding makes them less terrible? Lipstick on a pig.

I've seen ton's of pellets in front of Enfield Big Y, pictures of flames spray painted on them....hahaha, couldnt see thru the white plastic to see if they were gold

A buddy of mine has been burning them for 3 years. He was getting them for $200/ ton in the driveway! He said the company got bought out and he won't be able to get them this year. He's bummed he has to pay $289 for pellets this year!

He tries to give me a bag... I wouldn't take them. I went for the Okanagan Golds this year.

This is my take...

I'd buy a few bags, might be the sleeper pellet of the season

I tried a bag because I prefer 100% softwood. Flue temp was 180+ and the glass on my Integra was spotless. If you're looking for an inexpensive all softwood alternative to the more expensive brands, try a bag. I think you'll be surprised.

This is my take...

I tried a bag because I prefer 100% softwood. Flue temp was 180+ and the glass on my Integra was spotless. If you're looking for an inexpensive all softwood alternative to the more expensive brands, try a bag. I think you'll be surprised.
Where you get that information they were softwood?, If the company went under why is Lowes and Big Y selling them?

The company that owns inferno also owns a dumpster business and has a huge mound (200'x200' and probably 50'tall) of ground up what I'm assuming to be junk wood in its lot. I am guessing it will be taking the short trek to the pellet mill in RI to be turned into pellets......Pretty sure that they made the old inferno pellets the same way?

I saw these at Lowes in N. Smithfield yesterday and I am very curious. I heard that the plant in Rumford, RI sold all their equipment after the fire and is shut down. Do you see them "processing" this pile of junk? There is info on the bag that they are represented by a group at Patriot Place... has Kraft made an investment? Has anyone burned a bag or two yet? I may give it a shot and see if they're worth anything.

I saw these at Lowes in N. Smithfield yesterday and I am very curious. I heard that the plant in Rumford, RI sold all their equipment after the fire and is shut down. Do you see them "processing" this pile of junk? There is info on the bag that they are represented by a group at Patriot Place... has Kraft made an investment? Has anyone burned a bag or two yet? I may give it a shot and see if they're worth anything.[/quote\]

Attachments

• PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 302
I was told by a Pellet Dealer , that the "Inferno Gold " labeling (bags) was bought by none other than Bob Kraft ! He just has ownership to name /labeling
Makes sense now ! Buy Inferno Brand pellets and meet a Patriots cheerleader !

I saw these at Lowes today and the bag reads something like" Softwood blend, ultra premium, no fillers". Can't tell you anything other then that and the price of $4.98/ bag.

So these are starting to show up at some TSC stores in southern NH. Scanning the UPC code reveals that Inferno Pellet Company is now in Rehobeth, Mass. Maybe Scott Williamson can confirm or deny?? The bag says 100% softwood blend and would appear to be owned by Robert Kraft as reported earlier. The bag has prominent lettering distributed by International Forest Products, LLC, One Patriot Place, Foxboro Mass.

Is there a specification standard to claim a pellet is " Ultra Premium" ? If so, I would like to see a comparison and see any real world differances from ordinary "Premium Grade Pellets".

The "Ultra Premium" is just an advertising gimmick. The PFI badge on the bag says they are "Premium" grade "softwood blend" with ash value < 0.7%

Ok, while I may have scored a deal on the ash smith vac for cleaning my harman for just $69, I took a roll through Benny's last Friday.... I think the manager smokes a very good government grown variety of Mary Jane because they're selling the Infernos discussed above for ohhhh... $6.99 per bag. I almost told them they were crazy then just carried on with my errands. Note: while they have many great deals, they have pellets priced poorly bad obviously read what folks had to pay in March 2014 and forgot it was 7 months ago!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.