Inferno pellets goes up in flames

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTguy9230

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
Northwest CT
just saw on another website that the Inferno pellet factory in RI
had a 4 alarm fire today....

Good thing it was just Infernos, if it was Summersets there might have been some serious damage.

Hopefully everyone is okay.

wood_pellet_fire.jpg

Ok Don, perhaps you were right. Those clinkers DID come from the mill!

hmmm a neighbor said the fire department are there every day sometimes twice a day

Man, ya gotta be careful with them wood pellets - they're flammable ;lol

The only thing to survive the blaze was the pellets!

When the thread was started I was going to say exactly that. But thought it would be cruel. Guess not. ;lol

and by looking at the placement of that ladder truck...there not to worried about
putting the fire out either

and by looking at the placement of that ladder truck...there not to worried about
putting the fire out either
I thought the same thing, but it looks like they couldn't get any closer due to the railroad tracks. I would certainly hope that there is atleast one more truck company in the front of the building in a better tactical position.

Correct. They were all over it.

1377028420_stretch.png

I thought the same thing, but it looks like they couldn't get any closer due to the railroad tracks. I would certainly hope that there is atleast one more truck company in the front of the building in a better tactical position.

That wasn't much of a stream coming out of that thing. I do better in the morning.

"Dark gray smoke billowed from the plant. "

That is a dirty burn!

All left over wood pellets 1/2 Price ! ! !

All those pallets .......ahh the carnage.

I heard the neighbors were complaining because they were still cold

cruel...so cruel.....Kharma (or however you spell it....!)

Status
Not open for further replies.