Infrared Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
I thought I would post this as most of the cheaper infrared thermometers only go to around 700F degrees.

This one goes to 1022F degrees.

The price is 18.22 and my shipping was around 4 bucks. Ships from North East USA.

When I get it I can let ya know if it works.

There is a higher temp 1292F degree one on ebay if you want to wait for it to come from hong kong.Search for GM700 model. $28 and free ship but 2-3 weeks to get it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005K1N7F4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Well I got it in the mail today. Works really good. I checked it with my K type thermocouple which around 200 degrees is .1 degree accurate. This infrared reads with in 1 degree of the k thermocouple.

But the sad news is I have now figured out one of my Condars the 25 year old one is shot. My newer condar which is like 5 years old is pretty close.

Great find. "Hey honey, can I order a "....."NO!"....darn....I'll work on that later. Right now I'm working on a log splitter this morning....keep your fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.