Insert advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in your position last winter. I wanted Hearthstone Heritage as well for aesthetics and heat time, but I had clearance issues too (without tearing up the fireplace). I actually drove to a neighboring state to purchase a Blaze King Princess Insert for price reasons even though there is a dealer 40 miles from me. You might be able to get a good deal on the Pacific Energy Summit, but you won't care about that at 4:00am on a Saturday morning when you're sleeping comfortably knowing that your blazeking will continue to pour heat through the better part of the morning. Its an investment for sure (and an investment of time to acquire), but after doing several months of research I'm more than confident that the princess would be the best experience for an insert owner.

If the Summit is not keeping the house warm at 4am or even 8am something else is quite wrong.

Reactions: Hogwildz and Dix
So I just pulled the trigger on the Summit!!! Got a great deal 20% down 0% for 6mos definitely excited!

awesome didnt know you wanted finacing option. good luck w the new stove, always exciting.

Congratulations. I'm glad it worked out for you. How's the wood supply?

Looking into that now, hoping for a good referral. Also need a storage area. I hope to start gathering for the years to come too. Obviously this year I will have to get 3-4 cords of Legit Seasoned wood. Hope to get that secured soon

Status
Not open for further replies.