Insert and liner connector question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkirk22

Nov 20, 2007
VA Mountains
I'm wondering if there is a better way to couple my insert to my liner. I'm using a forever flex liner and their appliance coupler. As you can see from the photo my block off plate is fairly close to the stove so there's not a lot of wiggle room.

I haven't tried to pull the stove yet but I believe I would have to loosen the connections at the top and pull the liner up 2" to free the stove. There must be a better way. Is there some type of telescoping connector that would ease stove removal?

Attachments

• 100_0056_600.JPG
    100_0056_600.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 216
The big question here is why you would ever want to remove the insert?

See my other post about the manometer. I would need to weld a fitting on the connector and plumb a sensor line under the stove and down the old ash chute. That would require stove removal and it would be easier to put a better connector on now rather than after I finish the top cap. I also want to add an adjustable gate valve on the secondary air at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.