Insert Warranty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pologuy9906

Aug 19, 2013
Connecticut
Hi all.

On my quest of finding the "Right" insert for me, I overlooked one crucial aspect...........the WARRANTY!

What good are advertised btu outputs, burn time, efficiencies, cost etc etc etc if the company disappears after purchase? I would pay a premium for a solid unit that was backed by the manufactuer.

I created a list for myself to rank my final choices and was left with warranty questions which should be one of the most crucial.

Burn Times:
1. BK
2. FPX and Regency CI2600

BTU Output
1.FPX
2. Regency
3. BK

Looks. We like flush look
1. FPX
2. Regency
3. BK

Price(Most expensive)
1. FPX
2. Regency
3. BK

Would love to hear feedback on warranty issues and manufactuers responses to issues. I think this is often overlooked. Why buy a product if its difficult to have a manufactuer step up and correct an issue.

Time and time again when a BK starts acting up the vice president of BK offers his assistance on this forum, if its a defect on the stove or another issue whether the unit was purchased brand new or not the vp has given out his phone # and has told the op when to contact him. I have never seen customer service like this really anywhere, and this has been like that for years.
Also when it comes to heat output make sure you can see low burn output and high burn out put and total output, sometimes a steady 60,000 btu output for 12hrs is better then the 80,000 btu out put for 4 hrs.

Reactions: ddddddden
Regencies warranty is very good but you need to have a good dealer to handle it. We sell regencies and have never had an issue getting things taken care of when need be unless it is obvious abuse. But i have heard people on here complain they couldnt get things covered. So it comes down to your dealer and if they will stand up for you

Trying to obtain the following for each.

1. Low btu output
2. High btu output
3. Total btu ouput

You will be hard pressed to find better current support than that of BK. Just hope that BKVP doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon. He keeps a close watch on customer satisfaction. bholler is correct, pay close attention to the dealer as well. That is your front line of warranty support.

From reviews I have 2 reputable delears in my area, Berkshire Hearth and Home and Yankee Doodle. Both were pleasant to speak with. Seemed honest and knowledable. One owner has a FPX the other a Regency.

bholler is correct, pay close attention to the dealer as well. That is your front line of warranty support
I think that's the most important thing to walk away with, you need a good dealer, one that is organized and pay attention to detail.

I bought my stove direct from the mfr, but from what I’ve read on here, warranty service is generally a dealer thang. Industry model for the majors appears to be that they leave their dealers a generous margin, and they expect the dealers to handle warranty issues. If your dealer fails you, the mfr may not be, um, oriented toward handling customers directly. I’ve read about problems just getting parts directly from a major mfr, not even a warranty claim. They said he had to go to a dealer, and the nearest one was hours away. . .think he ended up mail-ordering the parts from a sympathetic dealer. That was not Travis Industries. Here are a few threads on Travis. BTW, the Cape Cod might have the same firebox as the large FPX. If so, the FPX may not have the same problem, since the blower probably keeps the stove cooler.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...not-sure-it-is-going-well-please-help.158784/

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/lopi-cape-cod-warranty-issue.154887/

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/the-cape-cod-is-cracked-now-what.117657/

That's interesting. I understand there's often a flaw here and there. I want the company that steps up and corrects an issue without so much hassle.