Inspection day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excell

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2009
Winnipeg
The inspector came buy this morning ,I passed with out any problems .he was actually quite impressed with my work . He didn't even measure any thing .
I asked him if he wanted to use my ladder to check the vent ,he said no I can see that you know what you are doing . You get a pass . I have been worrying
about this for weeks and there was nothing to it . Now to get the insurance company to lower my rate. I paid a surcharge for 20 years .

Nothing to it... congrats on now being an "expert"!

Hey, that makes me feel better... I am about ready to call the inspector and hope it goes as well for me as it did you! How long before you got the inspection from when you called? And why was your insurance higher? Did you have a regular fireplace?

He came out the next day . My insurance was higher because I had a wood stove in the garage . For about 10 years I had one in the basement as well . The insurance was the same for two stoves ,as for one .

con grats.

Excell said:
The inspector came buy this morning ,I passed with out any problems .......

Congats Excell.....happy burning, and i've got my fingers crossed on the insurance going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.