Install day is here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go

Attachments

• CAM00018.jpg
    CAM00018.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: rayttt and briansol
Congrats! Just in time for the the cold this weekend.

All done. Unbelievable heat so far

Attachments

• CAM00019.jpg
    CAM00019.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 240
Enjoy your new stove. My only regret about ever buying my first pellet stove is that I waited so long to actually buy one. I've now had one in my last two houses and wouldn't even consider living without one again. It's getting damn cold here in Southern New England, so I can only imagine what it's like in Maine. It looks like you timed this one perfectly, just in advance of a large snowstorm bearing down on our area for the upcoming weekend. Stay warm.

Congrats to you. Read the manual then read it again. You will love that thing.
What Pellet are you burning?

The coldest room in the house is now the warmest. Looks like one more fan and the back bedroom should be fine. It's mid 60's now but on a colder day I think it will need a boost . The dealer (Buy the fire) crew was great. Young kids but knew their stuff. He said that this stove is one of their best sellers now.

What kind of pellets do they carry at By the Fire? Going skiing in a few weeks at Mt. Abrham and we drive right by it.

What kind of pellets do they carry at By the Fire? Going skiing in a few weeks at Mt. Abrham and we drive right by it.
They filled it with Spruce Pointe softwood. They also sell Vermont but sell out every year. I might have to grab a few more bags of these Spruce pointe to give them a good try. I have 4 bags each of Maine woods mix, Maine woods soft, Corinth to try out

Nice!! I am in Oxford and do business with Buy The Fire. I almost pulled the trigger on a Sante Fe yesterday but am going to wait a little longer and run the Contour another year or two.

The Spruces burn great. Clean and hot.

All done. Unbelievable heat so far
May you have many happy warm days from this day forward. I like the color. I have the same panels.
Question for you. Did the installers set the stove settings for you using a laptop? I'm curious because mine didn't only because they weren't familiar with this brand. I've heard that some installers have the software to plug a computer into the back of the stove and change the settings.

My install day was also today and I also bought from Buy the Fire - different stove though. They filled mine with a bag of La Crete pellets - today was also delivery day on 2.4 tons of the same which are now stacked in my garage. I love the look of my Mt Vernon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: boo boo
My install day was also today and I also bought from Buy the Fire - different stove though. They filled mine with a bag of La Crete pellets - today was also delivery day on 2.4 tons of the same which are now stacked in my garage. I love the look of my Mt Vernon!
Wow. Nice job. Very classy.

Here we go
Great! I ordered a "burgundy" Sabrina from Maine Coast and they called me back to say the NH distributor had no more, no white, no gray, either, so I took the black one, which isn't even in their catalog.

I'm burning Crabbe and LG in mine. The LG is better, but only just a little over the Crabbe. I've just tested a MaineWoods soft and it has a lot more fines and the glass fogs up more.

Isn't Buy the Fire the place with the slogan "Buy American"?

That looks very nice congrats

Yeah Canadian pellets and stove from Italy. They might want to redo the ad huh? But you can't beat the service

The coldest room in the house is now the warmest. Looks like one more fan and the back bedroom should be fine. It's mid 60's now but on a colder day I think it will need a boost . The dealer (Buy the fire) crew was great. Young kids but knew their stuff. He said that this stove is one of their best sellers now.

Only in the mid-sixties with a brand new and clean stove? What's the BTU rating on that thing? My wife would be giving me the evil eye if our stove only kept the temperature in the mid sixties. I assume you don't have it cranked all the way up?

It's two rooms take a left and a 20ft hallway away. Its a lot to ask. It was on low in power saver mode and thermostat set at 72. So a seven degree drop all that ways away I think was good

Last edited:
Drew & Chillyjill - enjoy the new stoves
Enigma - give them a chance to figure out the stove and air movement in the house!

Dropping like a rock outdide. Toasty in.

Attachments

• CAM00020.jpg
    CAM00020.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 160
Looks hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.