Install finally finished (with pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champscorner

Sep 7, 2009
Midwest Ohio
I apologize in advance if these pics don't show up correctly. First time I'm posting pics in this forum. A little confusing. Got everything installed today but won't be doing my 1st burn until friday, no matter the weather conditions. I still need to choose my 1st 2 tons of pellet brands I want to purchase as well. It seems this may be the toughest part of being a new owner/operator of a stove. Still have some finishing touches I want to do but here it is. Also thanks to all for your advice and input. I'm sure I'll ask for more at start up later in the week :)

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 626
Looks great Champ!!! Don't forget the burning pics that all the forum members love too.

BTW, hope you have all your CO detectors installed, and a surge protector for the stove.

Enjoy the heat!

macman said:
Looks great Champ!!! Don't forget the burning pics that all the forum members love too.

BTW, hope you have all your CO detectors installed, and a surge protector for the stove.

Enjoy the heat!

Thanks. I will have them posted this weekend for sure even though the pics are probably more for you than anyone else ;) You can't see it but I did already install a GFI there beside the stove and the surge protector/ CO detectors are part of my finishing touches. Along with some trim around the backboard :) Do you have any recommendations on surge protectors to get me by until I can afford a battery backup? Also what would you recommend my settings be for my 1st burn this weekend since your burning that pretty 10cpm as well. Any other advice for my 1st burn? Thanks again

Very nice, looks very professional. Don't know how you can wait to fire it up! As for pellet selection. Ask around. If you can, buy from a local merchant. I found out that the best price isn't always the best deal. I won't buy them from someone who doesn't keep them undercover.
Good luck.

champscorner said:
......Do you have any recommendations on surge protectors to get me by until I can afford a battery backup? Also what would you recommend my settings be for my 1st burn this weekend since your burning that pretty 10cpm as well. Any other advice for my 1st burn? Thanks again

As for a nice surge unit, the Tripp Lite isobar units are real nice:

www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=73&EID=14382&txtModelID=3980

Have you pre-burned it outdoors yet?? Englander recommends 3 hours burning at settings 5-5 to burn off all oils, paint, fumes, etc.

As for the bottom buttons, the factory settings are 1-1-1, but I found on low heat setting burns (heat at 1 or 2), settings 1-3-1 seems to work well.

What brands of pellets are available to you?

save$ said:
Very nice, looks very professional. Don't know how you can wait to fire it up! As for pellet selection. Ask around. If you can, buy from a local merchant. I found out that the best price isn't always the best deal. I won't buy them from someone who doesn't keep them undercover.
Good luck.

Thanks. It don't want to have to wait but I travel for work and want to be home a good amount of time on 1st burn. I would love to find a local merchant that deals in pellets/multi fuels in my area but l've only find 1 so far and they're about 50 mins fom my location. All they carry is ProPellet.

Very nice set up. Looks beautiful. You spent a lot of time making sure it came out right.
Good luck with the first burn.

macman said:
champscorner said:
......Do you have any recommendations on surge protectors to get me by until I can afford a battery backup? Also what would you recommend my settings be for my 1st burn this weekend since your burning that pretty 10cpm as well. Any other advice for my 1st burn? Thanks again

As for a nice surge unit, the Tripp Lite isobar units are real nice:

www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=73&EID=14382&txtModelID=3980

Have you pre-burned it outdoors yet?? Englander recommends 3 hours burning at settings 5-5 to burn off all oils, paint, fumes, etc.

As for the bottom buttons, the factory settings are 1-1-1, but I found on low heat setting burns (heat at 1 or 2), settings 1-3-1 seems to work well.

What brands of pellets are available to you?

macman, thanks for the link. I'll check into that surge unit. I did not do the outside burn but probably should have. I was just glad to finally get the sucker installed. I work on the rd so my time was already limited and although the weather here in Ohio has been great for this time of year it's not going to last much longer. Maybe a week or 2 tops. after my burn off at 5-5(with windows open) I'll try my 1st burn at 1-3-1 as you recommend. As far as pellets I'm pretty limited in my location and need to be working on finding more locations so I can have a bigger selection but this is what I have close to me at this time:

Somerset Hardwood $224.50/ton
Natures's Heat(pennington) hardwood $325/ton
Pres-to-logs(lignetics) hardwood $268.50/ton
American Wood Pellets hardwood $224.55/ton haven't even heard of these out of Columbia, MD
Pennington hardwood yellow/white colored bag $292.50/ton
ProPellet $279/ton and have to drive 50mins(one way) for pickup
Country Boy price??? drive 30 mins(one way) for pickup
Lignetics Hardwood $229.99/ton drive 20mins(one way)
Rocky Mtns Softwood $249.50/ton drive 35mins(one way) I was told by another forum member here that these were carried at his local Menards

As you can see I don't have a ton(pun intended) of choices as of yet until I find some other dealers close by. The only softwood that are avail to me are the Rockies about 35mins or so away from what i'm told. I wanted to try and get 1 ton hardwood and 1 softwood to start but I may just end up going all hardwood for now. I'm split between the Lignetics and somersets. What's your opinion?

Presa canario said:
Nice install, looks really good!

jamesdjs said:
Very nice set up. Looks beautiful. You spent a lot of time making sure it came out right.
Good luck with the first burn.

Thanks. Hopefully it burns as nice as it looks :) I had never grouted actual slate tile before, it is a severe headache to clean up after grouting compared to ceramic tile. If all goes well with the 1st burn and after I decide on pellets I'm going to incase it in some pine trim to help tie it in with the rest of my home better.

Nice install. I love the look of the slate surrounding the stove.
Can't wait to see pics of the stove burning!

Congrats

champscorner said:
Rocky Mtns Softwood $249.50/ton drive 35mins(one way) I was told by another forum member here that these were carried at his local Menards

IMO, your best 2 pellets are the Lignetics and the Rocky Mtn. If driving an extra 15 minutes, and paying another $20 isn't a real issue, I'd go for the Rocky mtns....GREAT reviews on these.

Otherwise, go for the Ligs....$230/ton is a real good price for them.

A very nice , neat looking installation. I hope it runs well and trouble free for years to come.

champscorner said:
I'm split between the Lignetics and somersets. What's your opinion?
Lignetics Yes, Somerset No!

macman said:
champscorner said:

IMO, your best 2 pellets are the Lignetics and the Rocky Mtn. If driving an extra 15 minutes, and paying another $20 isn't a real issue, I'd go for the Rocky mtns....GREAT reviews on these.

Otherwise, go for the Ligs....$230/ton is a real good price for them.

I agree with macman on the brands he choose. If you want to split I would go with these 2 brands.

Install looks great. You did a very nice job.

jay

Lignetics all the way from those choices,GREAT Heat output,Bit Ashy compared to others but i wouldn,t hessitate to buy a Ton of those at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.