Installation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fdegree

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2009
Southern Delaware
I am planning to order a Blaze King - King model next week. I am having another company do the installation because I feel very comfortable with them...unfortunately they don't carry Blaze King so I have to order the stove from someone else.

The installation company only carries air cooled black pipe to the ceiling and from there up it goes to insulated double wall pipe. I will have about 8' of pipe sticking out above the roof, and I live in an open field with lots of wind.

Here is my question:
Will that kind of pipe installation be sufficient to keep the stack temperature up and limit the chances of creosote build-up? I was considering insulated triple wall pipe, but perhaps that is overkill.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

You should be fine. If anything you'll need to build a chase around it, but that would be the case with either type (air cooled or dense packed).

It sounds like they are doing the right kind of install. With a short,straight run like that I wouldnt worry too much about creosote, especially with that stove. Like it was said before, if you did have an issue, an insulated chase would work to help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.