insulated today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
The temp hit 51 degrees today and it wasn't raining, so i pulled out my liner, insulated it and put it back in. Then I made a block off plate, cleaned the stuffings out of chimney and stove. Finally got around to sealing the top plate to the chimney with silicone. Then cleaned the chimney top cap with acetone and a green scrubby. (has to be an easier way)

The insulation only took about an hour to pull insulate and replace. The rest took about 3 more hours.

Tomorrow, I'll fire it up and see if there is a difference in burn. (15 foot chimney on outside masonry wall)

And I didn't fall off the ladder or hit myself in the head with a brick this time.

Oh and the bill after insurance for falling off a ladder and having a brick hit you in the head at the base of the ladder is about 250 bucks. Thats 2 cords of red alder around here!

Congrats! THat's a lot! How did you make the block off plate? Hope everything works great for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.