interesting looking stove on Craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's been a fella on here lately that has one of these stoves. If I remember correctly, the door unfortunately cracked on him recently.

pen

That's a Morso 1125. Looks to be in nice condition. Member VTHC is the one that had the cracked door.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I AM indeed looking for a parts stove for my old Morso 1125 (which is now in the garage). Unfortunately, money is pretty tight at the moment, and Southern MA is a little too far for me to drive... I had a few leads for green enameled 1125s here in Vermont and Upstate NY (Plattsburgh area), but those fell through. Trying to keep up with the CLs posting in the area.

With our new Hearthstone Shelburne running very well, i'm okay being patient and finding one cheap and local. All i need is the right hand door (one with the handle) to replace the one that cracked on my stove (as Pen mentioned).

Again, thanks for thinking of me! The members and board information here have been super helpful! I can always count on you guys (and gals)!

how do you control the air on that stove? a friend of mine got rid of one last year. could not find any aircontrol anywhere on it. so i told him it was a fireplace and had to be burned with the doors open.

fbelec said:
how do you control the air on that stove? a friend of mine got rid of one last year. could not find any aircontrol anywhere on it. so i told him it was a fireplace and had to be burned with the doors open.
The air is controlled by how tightly you shut the right-hand door. The more you close the handle, the tighter the gasket seals against the left door. There is also a hole in the handle itself that provides air even if you have it shut all the way down. This stove definitely REQUIRES a pipe damper (the pipe collar come with one installed), because once you have it going with a full load of wood it can easily over-fire. It puts out a ton of heat, and was great for overnight burns (firebox is huge). Great stove in it's day... hoping to use mine again, either in my workshop or when/if we move to a bigger house.

Here's the thread with the guy with the green one!

Status
Not open for further replies.