Intrepid 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmarch

Sep 19, 2023
Nj
New memeber here.!Not sure if my earlier post worked. Need help identifying this intrepid 2 model. Plate is missing. Thankyou again for letting me learn from all your knowledge

20230919_060241.jpg

I purchased this stove a while ago and it's finally time to install it. I am new to all this and was looking for any info you guys can give on this. I don't know the exact model number because the plate is missing for some reason. If someone can tell just by looking at the outside ? I know it has a catalyst if that helps? Also I didn't know vermont castings is no longer in business so will that be an issue of I need anything for it? I can get more pics if necessary. Any info is appreciated

20230919_060241.jpg

Without the UL label it is considered an unlisted stove and will require 36" clearances to all combustibles. This can be reduced to 12" with proper wall shielding.

Do you have an Intrepid II manual?

I printed a intrepid 2 manual but it's for model 1990 so I wasn't sure if it would be the same. I am gonna try and search for that plate I don't know how I either misplaced it or it fell off transporting it. It said in the manual rear clearance could be 9" if heat shields are on and wall is protected I think? Not home now to look

No nothing wrong just want to install it soon and would like to have more info on it. I didn't even know vermont castings is out of business. If I ever need parts will it be an issue? Another reason why I was looking for the specific model was to look up parts.

No nothing wrong just want to install it soon and would like to have more info on it. I didn't even know vermont castings is out of business. If I ever need parts will it be an issue? Another reason why I was looking for the specific model was to look up parts.
vermont castings is still in business. they were bought by another company. Parts are still accessible you need to use a dealer at this point. I spokento someone who sells them.

vermont castings is still in business. they were bought by another company. Parts are still accessible you need to use a dealer at this point. I spokento someone who sells them.
Oh that's actually good to know they are still in business. I was trying to find a direct website yesterday but now that you said you have to use a dealer that makes sense. Thankyou

From the front it looks the same as my intrepid II model 1990. But I think other models also looked similar.

From the front it looks the same as my intrepid II model 1990. But I think other models also looked similar.
That's what I was thinking but they also make a 1308 and 1303 and a 2770 or something like that. I just wish it was stamped into the casting somewhere but I guess I am over thinking it maybe

That's what I was thinking but they also make a 1308 and 1303 and a 2770 or something like that. I just wish it was stamped into the casting somewhere but I guess I am over thinking it maybe
Are you sure the label is missing or is it behind the heat shield? I see you do have the heat shield fitted

Where is the model plate actually located on any of your stoves? Is it on a chain hanging or is it riveted to the back of the unit? When I did a web search people said it is hanging from a chain that's why I thought I lost it. I know it's probably hard because most of your stoves are installed already to get a picture but maybe I have to take the rear heat shield off to find it. Mine is stored in my garage right now and it's hard to get to that's why I ask before I pull it out. In the process of making the wall and hearth before I pull the stove out. Thanks

When I first got it I remember looking after I got it home and couldn't find it. Now it's in the corner of my garage and was prepping to install it so I gotta give it a better look. It's gonna be a rainy Saturday so hopefully I can dig it out

When I first got it I remember looking after I got it home and couldn't find it. Now it's in the corner of my garage and was prepping to install it so I gotta give it a better look. It's gonna be a rainy Saturday so hopefully I can dig it out

what part of nj are you in

There are 5 models of the Intrepid II. See if the stove has a rear heat shield on it. If so, that will need to be temporarily removed to see the label.

Fellow jersey folk unite

Reactions: Dmarch