Intrepid 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Your not that far north. nice to see a fellow NJ person on the forum.
That's awesome. Where are you located? I dug the stove out last night so I may have enough room to get behind it this weekend to take the rear sheild off and hopefully find the plate... cross your fingers!!!

Well after taking the rear shield off bingo!!!! Thank all you guys for the help and my next dumb question is posted already under ceiling support box.... hahahahahha
It's a VC 1990 by the way. I can't wait to start burning (if I can ever figure out the smoke pipe) hahahah

20230920_194857.jpg

Excellent. That puts it in around the 2007 timeframe. It will have the old combustion package which should be ok for about 5 yrs of regular use. The manual for this stove will be a helpful guide on maintenance, covered on page 32. Be sure to put the rear heat shield back on to maintain clearances.

Excellent. That puts it in around the 2007 timeframe. It will have the old combustion package which should be ok for about 5 yrs of regular use. The manual for this stove will be a helpful guide on maintenance, covered on page 32. Be sure to put the rear heat shield back on to maintain clearances.
Begreen I can't even explain how excited I am to get going with this! Without you guys on this site I would still be stressing out. Next dilemma is the ceiling box. Trying to get everything I need before I start my install... thankyou again

Im hoping you do have seasoned wood.. and what is the inside looking like..as well as gaskets
Woodapliter67 it's funny you say that. My dad has been telling me to get a wood stove for years and I laughed at him! He has an Englander that he loves for his house in PA and splits wood year round. He now checks each piece with his moisture meter and again I laughed. But now I came to my senses and I'm all in. Even made a deal on firewood from him... hahahhaha . Best I can do with pictures right now

20230924_140559.jpg 20230924_140630.jpg 20230924_140652.jpg