Is it possible to make a ventless gas stove into vented?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So I got a ventless gas wood burning stove(Pleasant Hearth)over the summer. My original plan for the room it was going in has changed. So now I have two options for the ventless stove location. I can put it in a guest house, and in that location I have access to an exterior wall so can have a vented unit. That would involve the expense of a whole new unit, unless a ventless can be converted? Or just leave it as is?
Second choice for the ventless unit is to put it on a covered porch. In which case I’m not expecting it to really heat the space, just want it for ambiance.
I can’t return the stove, so if worse comes to worse I guess I can sell it on Craigslist or something.

It all depends on the set up. Any ventless can technical be used as vented but I highly advise against it. Depending on how cold it is outside, and the height/width of your chimney, the air might not clear the chimney (i.e. backflow) and you won't like the results in your home. Using a ventless outdoors is more easily done and safe from an air flow point of view. My ventless set on max outdoors wouldn't provide much heat but it would look pretty neat

I've also never heard of a ventless gas wood burning stove. Can you show some photos or post the model in question?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I probably should have been more clear. It is a gas ventless stove with fake logs. But I always put wood burning in the description because when I don’t I think of a gas stove like this(and it is what searches find as well lol).

10636E2C-3613-4132-903A-7D1503989CD8.jpeg

Anyway, the model I have is this.

You should read, understand and follow ALL the warnings contained in the stove manuals. I wasn't able to find the operating manual for that stove on line, but in general no modifications on unvented equipment is permitted by the manufacturer.

In short ---- don't do it.