Is one better than the other?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bullyboy

Burning Hunk
Apr 8, 2017
Central Ontario
Ok guys, I need opinions on which stove might be a better option for me. I'm not in a rush hoping one will go on sale or clearance after Christmas. Narrowed it down to a Pleasant Hearth Medium Model PH35PS or a Summers Heat model 55-SHP10. I could be wrong but I think Summers Heat is Branded England in the USA. I want to put it in a finished basement that is a fairly tight 1200sq ft. I heat the rest of the house with wood and keep my furnace fan on to help distribute heat which keeps the basement around 17C - 62F. I'm fine with this temp but would like the ability to bump up the temp a few hours every night and on the weekends. Also would one be better than the other for venting? I have one location that can go straight out horizontal and another location that would go vertical for about 36 -40" and then horizontal out the wall. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Ok guys. I haven't had any replies but I may be close to making a decision. Both models are priced the same but just came back from my local hardware store and they have the floor model Summers Heat for $250 cheaper. Is there any reason to go with the Pleasant Hearth over the Summers Heat model? And just a side note, I was incorrect on my sq ft. Closer to 1450 then 1200. Thanks in advance.

Both stoves are comparable suggest you buy the
one your wife (better half) likes
Happy wife happy life

Ohh, I completely agree in that department. Hence the BK Ashford on the main floor. She could care less about what goes down there. Its just to help maintain the temp down there when we get real cold spells like we are currently in.