1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is There an Insert With an Thermostat?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Malatu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. daleeper

daleeper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NC MO
    Hey, great to hear your update, and hear that it is working well.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    If I had kept my tube secondary stove I would be using smartstove right now. Easy to setup when you only have 1 control on a stove, now that I have a Cat stove that need for long burns has been fulfilled.
  3. dafattkidd

dafattkidd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sound Beach, LINY
    Hey, can this product be installed on an Osburn 2400i? How complicated is the install? Thanks.
  4. ControlFreak

ControlFreak Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Holden, MA
    Hi Kidd,
    How difficult is it to put SmartStove on an Obsurn 2400i? That's a great question, but one that you'll have to answer yourself. I'm not going to retrofit this to your stove, you must do that part. So, the difficulty is as much dependent upon your skills and access to tools as it is to the specific stove.

Questions you need to ask:
    1. How much friction is there in the existing draft control? How difficult would it be to eliminate that friction?
    2. Is the draft control port available, or is it permanently welded inside somewhere? (This is the case with the Hampton HI300). Access to this port can be important if you have to rework it to reduce friction. I solved that problem by some significant surgery, seen here: http://inveninc.com/SmartStoveForum/index.php?topic=19.0
    3. Is there a location where you can hide a couple small electronic modules and isolate them from heat?
    4. Is there a location where you can mount a small actuator and provide a linkage that ties it into the existing draft control?

I will be adding two additional threads to the InvenInc.com forum, for the Napoleon 1402 and for the Englander 13NC. The Napoleon is one of the easiest, the Hampton was one of the most difficult.

Happy New Year!

Dan