is there any way to fix an offset connector - the part to the stove fell apart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
in the process of cleaning my stove and pipe i seem to have broken the offset connector where it inserts into the stove

this is the side where it used to connect to the stove

sanjay037.jpg

this is the side where it connects to the pipe

sanjay038.jpg

and this is how the flex sits now no way to go direct to the stove i guess??

sanjay039.jpg

why is this year's cleaning such a PIA ;)

thanks guys

now thinking it's so close i might just buy an appliance connector and give that a go

That's what I was thinking looking at the pics.

An adjustable 45 degree elbow might make it easier depending on what the amount of space around the liner higher up.

Kevin.

BrotherBart said:
That's what I was thinking looking at the pics.

Agreed. Heat Fab (and others) make SS straight, 15 degree & 30 degree appliance connectors...
We use em all the time...

We use the 30 elbows all the time, work good.

That offset boot looks home made. To repair it, you could take it to a sheet metal shop and have them weld a new crimped collar on there for you, might cost as much as buying a new one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.