Is this a factory defect? (big space between pot and cradle)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Learnin' sumthin' new every day.... Today I noticed that when I placed the pot in its cradle there was a good size gap at one end when the other was tight against the cradle. It seems that that would be a significant air escape area, air that should be pushed through the burn pot hole would be escaping out the side of the cradle. I have a remedy that I haven't tried yet.

Attachments

• 000_0272sm.jpg
    000_0272sm.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 000_0275sm.jpg
    000_0275sm.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 225
Something is not quite right there, that burn tray should sit down all the way in the cradle/floor of the firebox.

Take a good look and see why the pot os not sitting down tight.

Maybe some carbon buildup or possibly a weld thats protruding where it should not.

Show us some piccy's that are more revealing.
Get a shot with the pot out and one of the pot itself (maybe laying upside down)

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.