Is this ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw that. A lot of Pine down too.<>

All over. I always have the inside track on trees down as long as power got taken out , where do you live I will give you heads up if I hear anything good
Right on 82 Kennett Sq.

Cool, I'm on Lancaster pike hockession

Cool, I'm on Lancaster pike hockession
Ok. Hockessin Gravely, good people if you need something. I'm around that area there all the time.
PM me I'll split everything half with you;lol

Searched, and resurrecting this thread for a noob question. So in determining how old the 25" DBH ash I cut down is, I counted 154 rings from the pinhole out. Do I count every ring, or every other? It goes light, dark, light, dark, and so on. Is it 154 years old or half that?
001.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody Stover
A full year is a set of the dark and light rings, the light part is the growing season and the dark is the winter. So only count one color.

Thanks BassJAM that's what I suspected. So it was 77 yrs old

Status
Not open for further replies.