Is your stash getting low like mine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has been finding large pieces of wood in his Barefoot pellet bags, by large I mean mulch size pieces. I too have had this happen, but near the frequency he has.
I haven't seen this either, and I've burned 10 to 12 tons of them over the past 5 years. I have occasionally seen a matchstick-like sliver or two as I pour a bag, but the stove didn't mind...

FSU pellets are one of the dirtiest pellets I have tried this year. Good thing only bought 10 bags to try. Heard some good things about them this year. Was at HD yesterday saw them there for $4.68 per bag what a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

And that is what I love about this forum.... I just got the last of the FSU in my area and burning them tonight, about 10" of blowing snow, wind 27 mph and 5 degrees F outside... 74 and toasty inside with ash as a non-issue.

Reactions: PoolGuyinCT
And that is what I love about this forum.... I just got the last of the FSU in my area and burning them tonight, about 10" of blowing snow, wind 27 mph and 5 degrees F outside... 74 and toasty inside with ash as a non-issue.
Fill up my stove with 2- bags of heartland pellets. My glass isn't even dirty from 4:30 last night. Stove on low and 74 degrees. Maybe I got a bad batch of FSU or something.

ote="SwineFlue, post: 1642369, member: 24378"]I haven't seen this either, and I've burned 10 to 12 tons of them over the past 5 years. I have occasionally seen a matchstick-like sliver or two as I pour a bag, but the stove didn't mind...[/quote]
Its strange for sure. My stove didn't seem to mind either.
I should have edited my post to say I find pieces at less of a frequency than my friend does.
I will continue to burn Barefoots because I love them!
And Hamers too.

Purchased 2 tons Greenway this fall anticipating having a 1/2 ton left over by spring. Not going to happen. I'm down to 18 bags. Will end up having to purchase another ton before seasons end. Looking at -3 (-20 wind chill) tonight. Will it ever end!

Status
Not open for further replies.