Isle Royale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this forum but not new to wood heat.

I am in the process of purchasing a Quadra Fire Isle Royale and have found a new one for $1650.00 I like the fact that it is top and side load and has a 3 foot box.

Is $1650 reasonable for the stove? I know they are good stoves and have read some reviews here.

Thanks,

Greg
Hilliard, OH

Given that the retail price on that stove is $2,200 to $2,850 depending on options the only thing you need to determine is if it is stolen or not.

If it isn't then steal it yourself by buying it for $1,650.

Or find out what a freight company wants to ship it to me.

Yeah... good price

Suggested Retail Price: $2199 - $2849 US

Maybe its slightly used... or overstock. We are having some blow-out deals on some sslightly used or old model wood stoves. We just sold a 3100ST-ACT with cast queen ann legs, black door, and ash cleanout for around $1000. I think all that retails for twice that. Slightly used with a new paint job. After one season of burning you would never know someone else had it before you.

Yep, pick that bugger up quick, or someone else will. Its a great stove, but you might want to check on the side load thing. My Isle Royal is top load and double doors on the front.

Yes, top and front load. What is meant by the 3 ft. box? That doesn't match the IR specs either.

BeGreen said:
Yes, top and front load. What is meant by the 3 ft. box? That doesn't match the IR specs either.

BG - I think that was just short for the 3.0 cu. ft fire box (which is what the isle royal is advertised as having)

Specifications

* Heating Capacity: up to 2,500 sq. ft. †
* Maximum Log Length: 22”
* Firebox Capacity: 3.0 cubic feet
* EPA Certified: 2.9 grams/hour
* Weight: 460 lbs.

Ah, OK, Yes, 3cu ft box, just not linear feet. The coffee is starting to kick in now.

The Isle Royal is a beautiful stove, your going to love it. When you get it fired up, take some pictures and come back and write a review. I was one inch away from buying that stove and it has a lifetime guarantee, whoopie.

I've had the stove running a couple of days. The Isle Royale blows away any stove I have been around.

I lit it last night - it was 400 degrees on the stove when I woke up the next AM. Put a couple of logs on (just to keep it going) it gets going.

Got home at 5:00 and threw four logs on. One green pine split, one seasoned piece of hard wood and a couple of remnant odd pieces of Maple that was cut yesterday. Its now 8:15 and over 80 degrees in here upstairs is even warmer.

I think this stove is going to be good, perhaps too powerful for my 1900 square foot house with an open floor plan. Granted its only 35 outside

by the way, I have had it set at the very lowest air supply possible!

Yer making me jealous Greg! Post some pictures with it Burning!

FYI if you keep tossing in green or unseasoned wood you cap will be plugged full of creosote in a month. I have seen it happen.

No brainer, get it. We looked at it but got the Cumberland Gap for $2200. Love that stove.

jtp10181 said:
FYI if you keep tossing in green or unseasoned wood you cap will be plugged full of creosote in a month. I have seen it happen.

+1

Say it with us......"NO GREEN WOOD" %-P

Jags said:
jtp10181 said:

+1

Say it with us......"NO GREEN WOOD" %-P

Yes, I know, I have probably four cords of seasoned stuff in my back yard. I've got to get rid of those odd chunks somehow. Since I live in suburbia, I have neighbors all around and like to keep neat piles of stacked wood. These pieces will not stack and are the ends I cut off before branches so I could split the rest of the wood.

I do agree with you guys as well on not using green wood. I have perhaps a total of three more odd pieces left.

Status
Not open for further replies.