Issue with 25-EP Convection Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentcpa

Sep 9, 2013
Hi:

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this. I have a 25-EP stove that I installed in August. The convection motor has been really noisy, I have cleaned it but the noise has remained high enough that it is difficult to hear the TV. Today it started howling and is hot to the touch.

I have enjoyed the stove so far but shouldn't the motors last for years not months. Is there anything that I might have missed with maintenance, etc. or is it just the luck of the draw?

Thanks

Julian

Yes, had to replace mine when I got it a couple years back. Yours is still under warranty. If you haven't done so already, go to the website and register your stove and give them a call. I actually put up a "deflector" shield to keep the heat off the motor.

IMAG0495.jpg

Thanks.

I will register it, I am always bad and those kind of things.

I like the idea of heat shield. Right now the blower motor seems to be the hottest thing inside the cabinet. Maybe that is why my electric bill has been so high lately...

Not having any luck getting through to Englander. Will have to wait until it warms up and try again. I found a fan speed where the noise isn't so piercing.

Bigger issue is now finding pellets. I am down to my last bag.

I have the same issue after just two months of use. Called Englander, they sent out a new blower motor. This seems to be an issue with these stoves. Overall very happy with mine other than the squeal of the motor. Have heard nothing but good reviews of their customer service.

Had the finger on wine glass harmonics from my convection blower after 3 months. Same deal, englander shipped out a new one. Bearings are noticeably rough. Id like to rebuild the old one, but Im having a rough time getting the squirrel cage off the motor since the set screw mushroomed the shaft a bit. Im worried it will go out again as soon as my warranty runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.