Issue with Harman Insert p52i - newer model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp1960

Dec 16, 2015
Ct
So started having issue with start-up or reactivation on room temperature. Sometimes on startup or the stove does start up, the exhaust fan starts, the ignition light comes on and the auger start feeding pellets. Some time the auger stops, the ignitor light goes off and the exhaust fan stays on..... No error codes....

The other situation is the stove doesn't reactivate just nothing happens and the room is colder then the temperature setting.

I noticed I pinched the room temperature probe when inserting the insert after annual cleaning, small tear in the jacket of the wire but the inside wires appear fine...

I have had a couple of occasions where I thought the stove should have kicked on based on room temperature. I shut the stove off for a while and came back to it or switched to stove temp mode until it got going and switched back to temp mode. Once I unplugged the stove for a few minutes and that worked, too.

You may want to check the resistance of the room temp probe to confirm you didn't cut thru the wire. You can also try running it in stove temp/manual to see if it keeps running. Like Peterfield I've had to power cycle my stove to get it back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.