Issue with Whitfield Profile 20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briwesk85

Dec 8, 2014
New York
Hello,

Came across this forum when trying to troubleshoot my Whitefield Profile 20 Pellet stove. I bought a house last year which came with a pellet stove. it worked fine for a month, then started having issues dropping more pellets in during the demand phase. worked fine during start up. I replaced the high limit heat switch and i cleaned off the eye, and pellet stove is working perfectly.

Now for my new issue:

while cleaning it, i noticed that the hose on the vacuum switch was kinda not on all the way, so i pushed it back down on the switch side so it was on there snug. Now my pellet stove will not drop pellets at all. the auger will not move. based on the wire diagram, this is working as intended as this switch is in the circuit for the auger motor. if i remove the orange silicone tube from either the vacuum switch or where it connects to on the back by the blower, the auger starts moving with no issue. I completely cleaned my entire pellet stove and there are no blocked ports or fans, but i cant figure out why it is causing positive pressure ( i think its positive pressure because if i disconnect the hose, i can feel air being pushed through the nipple that the hose connects to).

any help will be appreciated!

There has to be some blockage, I would start with the hose and make sure it is clear, that would be the easiest place to start.

The Whits run with a pressure switch not a vacuum switch. Ecoteck does too. There are several Whit owners here to hopefully provide some insight. I don't have my Whit hat on this AM:)

ah ok thanks for the clarification. so there must be air coming out of the nipple connected to the exhaust port, as i can put my hand near it and feel air being blown through it and through the tube. the tube is clean, blew it out with an air compressor.
cant think of anything else to clean out, as i have taken everything apart and air compressed it and vacuumed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.