It's ALIVE!!! I LUV my Summit stove!!!!!! -----pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganwinters

Hearth Supporter
Aug 24, 2007
Well, I must say thank you for all of your input and opinions. The information we found on this site was key in the decision we made. Although the Summit seems like too big of a stove for our 1500 sqft ranch, it really is a perfect fit. We use ceiling fans to move the heat around the room and down the hall. However, I am glad that the heat doesnt proceed down the hall around the corner into our bedroom. It stays around 62-64 at night which is our preference while sleeping. We feed it at night before bedtime and damper it down (9:30-10pm). By the time my husband gets up around 5 nice large chunks of hot coals. Since we run er' dampered down most of the day, morning time we get it cranked up pretty hot to prevent creoselt (sp). We've been running it non-stop for nearly 4 weeks and the furnace hasnt kicked on once.......LUV IT!!!!!!!

I cant thank you enough!
Adam and Audrey

Attachments

• finished 001.jpg
    finished 001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 973
  • finished 003.jpg
    finished 003.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 936
Very, very nice. Enjoy dat bad boy.

Edit: When running damped down, at what temp to do you close the damper and what temp does the EBT keep the stove running at?

michiganwinters said:
Well, I must say thank you for all of your input and opinions. The information we found on this site was key in the decision we made. Although the Summit seems like too big of a stove for our 1500 sqft ranch, it really is a perfect fit. We use ceiling fans to move the heat around the room and down the hall. However, I am glad that the heat doesnt proceed down the hall around the corner into our bedroom. It stays around 62-64 at night which is our preference while sleeping. We feed it at night before bedtime and damper it down (9:30-10pm). By the time my husband gets up around 5 nice large chunks of hot coals. Since we run er' dampered down most of the day, morning time we get it cranked up pretty hot to prevent creoselt (sp). We've been running it non-stop for nearly 4 weeks and the furnace hasnt kicked on once.......LUV IT!!!!!!!

I cant thank you enough!
Adam and Audrey

omg that looks incredible... seeing another summit brings tears of joy to my eyes
i recently installed one and luv it too
i am sooo happy right now...lol

That looks great! Congrats!@!

It really is beautiful. I'm not a real fan of the looks of steel stoves, but in this case, it does like really nice!

jpl1nh said:
It really is beautiful. I'm not a real fan of the looks of steel stoves, but in this case, it does like really nice!
Had a few did ya. :lol:that stove looks great.

Beautiful !

...and I know the happyness of not hearing that furnace kick-in. Brings JOY to my heart- and checkbook.
Very nicely done.

Ah, yet another Summit making its owner yet another happy camper.
Beautiful stove, and the hearth looks great. Like the dry stack look around the bottom edge, thats nice!.

Baffle "bowing" in T minus 33 minutes and counting.

:p Just kidding bud! Installation looks great, good luck with that big bad boy!

Very nice install! I notice the wooden part of the handle is black on the newer stoves.
Pictured here is the door handle on ours, otherwise the same as yours, except with ash dump.
You should be able to add the ash dump kit to yours without too much difficulty, if you choose.
It's available separately.

Attachments

• Door closed after 9 minutes.JPG
    Door closed after 9 minutes.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 553
Jimbob said:
Very nice install! I notice the wooden part of the handle is black on the newer stoves.
Pictured here is the door handle on ours, otherwise the same as yours, except with ash dump.
You should be able to add the ash dump kit to yours without too much difficulty, if you choose.
It's available separately.

Yes the new handles are black and have a roller on the latch end. New feature, My insert even came with a bright "New feature" sticker on the door :)

Very nice looking hearth!--and install. Looks very handsome and contemporary.

BrotherBart said:
Very, very nice. Enjoy dat bad boy.

Edit: When running damped down, at what temp to do you close the damper and what temp does the EBT keep the stove running at?

Well, I dont have a temp gage in the pipe so I have an old stove top gage.....dont even know how accurate it is. The lady at Pacific noted that stove top temps arent a good measure because of all of the insulation. So I get the stove good and hot....like is smells hot.......stove tope temp reads about 200-230. Then I damp it down and the gage reads around 175ish

Looks really nice. I have not added a backsplash to my hearth yet but you might have talked me into it.

Tell me about your pipe. It looks like 2 slip sections of double wall and two fixed sections. Why not just one slip and one fixed or? Just seems like lots of joints.

Try getting that pipe temp up to 300; you don't need any creosote...

Looks nice, but aren't PE's supposed to be Whorehouse Red? :p

Gooserider

#1 I dont have a pipe therm. and its double wall so I dont think the reading would be accurate....correct?

#2 Yes you are right about alot of joints.....there was no other way to make it work with using just one adjustable.....if we tried to do stright pipe we were either too short or too long no matter what lengths we put up there. I would have liked to do like 4ft legnth but they said it was not available by that manufacturer.....which is really selkirk sold at Menards under the name of supervent.

There are Probe thermo's for double wall pipe

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 257
michiganwinters said:
What do you do just drill a hole thru the pipe?
Yup!
Does that effect draft by sucking room air???
not when you plug the hole by sticking the probe in it... :cheese:

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.