It's Coming!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what is gonna kick our ass here. The El Nino is gonna swamp the Southern US with moisture and the stuff turns North right up the Tennessee Valley and meets that cold blast from Canada right over our heads. We are headed for feets of snow. 2010 all over again or worse.

Hang with me jet stream. Don't be dipping down here!

Reactions: Swedishchef
That is what is gonna kick our ass here. The El Nino is gonna swamp the Southern US with moisture and the stuff turns North right up the Tennessee Valley and meets that cold blast from Canada right over our heads. We are headed for feets of snow. 2010 all over again or worse.

Hang with me jet stream. Don't be dipping down here!

That's what I'm thinking, BB. I'm already moving firewood closer to the house, and making more rows on the back deck .... thinking about putting some under the over hang on the front landing as well, damn it :mad:

Leaves are starting here too. I hoped that tree was dying, now he has 4 friends:(. It has rained 18of the last 22 days total of 6in or so, last rain was on Sunday 8/16.

I predict that around here the temps are gonna be colder than summer and the moisture is going to be whiter.

Reactions: firefighterjake
I saw this and looked outside.... and I see a few trees starting to turn here as well. 20 miles due west of Boston.

Its because of the ridiculously dry weather the last month. rivers as low as I ever see them. much of my lawn has died off and been overgrown with crabgrass.

Same pattern happened last summer.

There are two reasons leaves change color. Lack of water and lack of light. As days get shorter photosynthesis is lessened. It has nothing to do with winter or cold weather.

Huh. Seems to me it does have something to do about winter. Days are not getting any longer.

That would be Lack of light - something we've experienced in the past couple days. Smoke in the air has reduced light a lot. High temps have been 10-15 deg below what was predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.