It's in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
The summit is in...this thing is a beast! I did 1 break in, working on the second...But there will never be pics sadly, cause the pixels are too big...sigh....A thanks to DatheFatKid and Hog!....anybody on LI need a Vista?

She's a beaut!:
http://www.pacificenergy.net/pacificenergy/summit_insert.php
summit_insert.jpg

Yuuuuup, thats him....Gold door!

The summit is in...this thing is a beast! I did 1 break in, working on the second...But there will never be pics sadly, cause the pixels are too big...sigh....A thanks to DatheFatKid and Hog!....anybody on LI need a Vista?

So, why don't you shrink the pictures?

I didn't Know the pictures could be to big for the new forum. I havn't had to shrink any since it changed.

I did have to shrink a couple pictures so there is a limit on size. Shrinking them is no problem at all just by using Paint.

I store em in my pictures and then edit em down to 35,works perfect.

Okay, it's been 4 hours, is this some kind of new slang that I'm unaware of: "...this thing is a breast!" ? :)

Okay, it's been 4 hours, is this some kind of new slang that I'm unaware of: "...this thing is a breast!" ? :)

This thing is a breast! I can't think of a higher compliment. I highly value breasts. So seemingly that there insert is a fantastic woodburning appliance.

I find this program VERY easy to use.. Set it to medium pic size and they work fine here..
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shrinkpic.html
All you do is right click the pics then select resize pics for the pics you want to resize and set it to create copies and leave the original so you end up with a new pic that has medium in the filename..

Ray

Ok, I've edited for a more G rating.....As for the shrinking thing, I'm not sure I know how...

There's the Summit...I used shrink pic....Very easy Thanks Ray!

Attachments

• Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 118
  • firebox.jpg
    firebox.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 124
  • break in.jpg
    break in.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 121
There's the Summit...I used shrink pic....Very easy Thanks Ray!
You're welcome! Like I said so easy to use and free (and not a resource hog)! Great looking insert!! :)

Ray

James, you are going to be so much happier !!! Congrats !!!

I'll talk to my neighbors, they're looking to replace a smoke dragon from 1985, and they have a small FP.

Ok, I've edited for a more G rating.....As for the shrinking thing, I'm not sure I know how...

If you have Paint, which comes on all Windows systems, just load it into the program and choose "Resize." (This is Windows 7) Try shrinking it by 50% or more. Likely 75% but you can always change it. Also when you save it, use a different name and then you have both size pictures.

Windows XP you go to the Stretch/Skew and type in both the horizontal and vertical (to keep the perspective).

It really is simple.

If you have Paint, which comes on all Windows systems, just load it into the program and choose "Resize." (This is Windows 7) Try shrinking it by 50% or more. Likely 75% but you can always change it. Also when you save it, use a different name and then you have both size pictures.

Windows XP you go to the Stretch/Skew and type in both the horizontal and vertical (to keep the perspective).

It really is simple.
Everyone has paint as it is part of Windoze however there are better easier options like the one I mentioned and the program I mentioned is incredibly easy and free.. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean..

Ray

No doubt it is a good program Ray but it ain't broke so I ain't fixing it. Also, I really don't see how it could be much easier! So simple a child can do it.

Congratulation James. You have a real heating machine in there now. Stock up wood for that beast. You probably will use more in a larger stove, but you will be warm.

You can route the cord under the insert and through the left shroud side if you need to. I would def not let it in front of the insert, it gets real hot just in front of the Summit.
Looks great. I like the two thermos....... ;-)

I was thinking I'd use more wood this year too since I moved up in firebox size....but not to 3 ft3!
Congrats on the fine new setup!

Yea, I've got 2a or so cords that are good now and will be better at full time burn season (I'm a part timer) now with the bigger box i am wondering if I have enough. Problem is, there isn't much room left.

Status
Not open for further replies.