It's The Little Things ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Gotta love a new dually !!!

The old one is 10 + years, I'm waiting to be pushing a load of firewood, and the bottom of the tub to crash and burn. Cracks abound . Handles painted 4 x's, too

The no flats are 12+ years old, I'll swap them out when the old one dies :p

IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0960(1).jpg

Wheelbarrow p*rn, lol. Only on Hearth.com!

Show us another pic once you get it real dirty!

Sorry, I’m in one of those moods where I can just crack myself up with lame guy jokes. My wife lives half way through a perpetual eye roll and sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: Dix
I'll get a pic of the older ones tub. It's bad. Still works, though!

No rain accumulates when it sits on the wheels during a Nor ' Easter ;lol

Reactions: EbS-P
IMG_0728.jpg

I have 5 like these and two two wheeled ones ( I do not like all that bouncing with the two wheelers) and a couple of gorilla carts... Yes some times we are working and we find were is another wheel borrow... ;)

• Love
Reactions: ctreitzell and Dix
Lol. I like the single wheel ones better too.

I think it probably takes more practice to use them correctly though. I see a lot of people carrying them with biceps vs shoulders.

Ah, a place for wood moving connoisseurs. I like how I can maneuver my wheel barrows and that I can run them up a single plank up to the porch. I like the light weight of the plastic tubs but that comes with with how they can crack in cold weather especially when the younger ones get tossing splits. Drilled holes at the ends of cracks to limit their spread.

My blue plastic one is just for horse manure ..... 🤠

• Love
My wheelbarrow was my Father's and it's been around since I was a wee lad and I'm now retired. A few sets of handles and a couple of tires later. If it never carries another thing it will be too soon, I wheeled a lot of concrete with it and I despise a wheelbarrow. We have a Gardenway cart that's about 40 years old that is a lot easier to use.

I've come to prefer the dually's. Easier to maneuver, often with one hand.

And you are correct, have to be careful in the cold, cause they will crack!

I grabbed an old metal tub wheelbarrow from the farm before the auction. I have had it for 7 years. New wheel. Looks like h@ll. I have mixed a lot of concrete in it and moved a lot of firewood. The only way I would replace it is if I found a good deal on a new or used fat wheeled one. I never was a fan of the dually's (to each his own) but I think the fat wheel would move nice across my soft yard in the spring.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy