Jotul 602 door question...can I buy a glass door and it will fit my old solid door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsered

Feb 7, 2010
Woodstock CT
I was just curious if the designs have changed over the years or if I could buy one of the new Jotul 602 doors with the glass view option and put it on my older 602? I am not exactly sure what year my stove is so if there are design changes it may be difficult for me to figure out which generation my stove is from.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nate

up

Check with the dealer. If they have a new 602 on the floor ask if you can check the fit of your old door on it?

Maybe give Preston Trading Post a call?

Fare Enough...

Thanks!

Do the newer 602s have any kind of airwash? They're probably hot enough to not need one, but I have to wonder if the glass would stay clean on an older model 602 even if it does fit.

Double-check with Jotul to be sure, but I don't remember them ever offering the 602 with a solid door / glass door option.

Which would indicate that their older, solid door 602's didn't have an airwash incorporated in the stove design (no purpose for an airwash with a solid door).

Which would mean that even if the newer glass door would fit your older model, the glass would turn black quickly.

Which would eliminate the motivation to install the glass door in the first place.

thechimneysweep said:
Double-check with Jotul to be sure, but I don't remember them ever offering the 602 with a solid door / glass door option.

Which would indicate that their older, solid door 602's didn't have an airwash incorporated in the stove design (no purpose for an airwash with a solid door).

Which would mean that even if the newer glass door would fit your older model, the glass would turn black quickly.

Which would eliminate the motivation to install the glass door in the first place.

True...Please educate me on an "airwash"

Nate

I think it is all built into the door. I looked at mine and it has a rectangular air intake that slides to control the air. I think some of that washes the glass. The only difference is mine is a clean burn. I'm sure what that would mean other than it has secondary tubes.

thechimneysweep said:
Ah. I see how that could work. If the primary air supply mechanism is built into the door, not the stove, switching doors might be an option on this model. What does Jotul say?

I'll find out : )

as i recall pre caud gave an in depth description on the door and primary air system for the 602..everything is independent of the stove as i re-call

you could put the door on but on the old version of the 602 the glass tends to dirty up quickly the the airwash is part of both the stove and the baffel system

Status
Not open for further replies.