jotul #8...F3?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meathead

Feeling the Heat
Nov 13, 2008
Central Maine
What's the story with these little guys? lots used in my area that look to be in good shape, but I can't find a lot of info on them. Anybody have one? Firebox size? can you get 4-6 hrs out of them pretty comfortable?

Maybe better to go with an f3? I just need something to give the place a little extra juice when we are hanging around the house - 4 to 6 hr burns would be plenty

They made that stove in a cat and non cat version. it is a decent medium sized stove. Having worked on them in the past, I would suggest the non cat version as the hardware and linkages in the cat stoves lacked durability and werent very user friendly.

Its a good, basic , solid stove...of course, theres always the "Buy a new stove and get the tax credit" issue. So, just check the dollars doing it both ways.

Franks said:
Its a good, basic , solid stove...of course, theres always the "Buy a new stove and get the tax credit" issue. So, just check the dollars doing it both ways.

Thanks for the info. I know I'll pretty much have to steal a used stove to make it worth it with the tax credit going.

Status
Not open for further replies.