Jotul F500???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cboehm

Mar 20, 2024
North Dakota
I just did research on this stove, see that it is one of the easiest to run, unlike the complicated Vermont Castings. These don't have by pass LEVER.
Who has one, are they as great as they say???? Does the top get hot enough to boil water? Thanks

I just did research on this stove, see that it is one of the easiest to run, unlike the complicated Vermont Castings. These don't have by pass LEVER.
Who has one, are they as great as they say???? Does the top get hot enough to boil water? Thanks
There are very mixed reviews of the bypassless cat.

Check the Jotul forum for user responses.

If you ask questions about a specific stove, please ask them in the manufacturer’s forum. We are having to move each one of your posts.

Can you run the Jotul with out the catalytic in place? What happens?
I don't recall anyone trying this. It would be against the law and would void the warranty.

The F500 is primarily a side-loader. The side door is supposed to be locked unless 16" clearance and hearth is provided on the left side. A better corner stove would be the Jotul F45.