Jotul Firelight 12 Parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

arakt1

Feb 21, 2017
SC
I bought a Jotul Firelight 12 (maybe mid 90's model) about a year ago and am finally getting around to hooking it up in my basement. I'm wondering where the best place to get parts is? I found an online manual but the print is horrible and it's hard to make out the part #'s. I think I just need the top & front door gaskets and the left front door glass. Thanks.

Woodmans Parts Plus will have what you need, but surely your local dealer can handle it too! That's very routine stuff.

You should be able to get the gaskets at local hardware and glass at local glass install company - just tell them it’s for a stove and you’ll get the right glass for much less $ than online.

You should be able to get the gaskets at local hardware and glass at local glass install company - just tell them it’s for a stove and you’ll get the right glass for much less $ than online.
I fired it up for the first time a few days ago and once I got it hot I started putting the wood in the top opening. The left plate fell over when I put a piece of wood in. How does that secure in place...and the right side?

I fired it up for the first time a few days ago and once I got it hot I started putting the wood in the top opening. The left plate fell over when I put a piece of wood in. How does that secure in place...and the right side?
For both left and right plate sides, there is a small raised groove on the floor of the stove and the plates sit just on the other side closest to the outer wall. Push the plates towards the outer wall and they just sit there. Especially the left plate, if you knock it hard enough loading wood, it will bounce out. Just reset the bottom as described and push towards the outer wall and your all set.

For both left and right plate sides, there is a small raised groove on the floor of the stove and the plates sit just on the other side closest to the outer wall. Push the plates towards the outer wall and they just sit there. Especially the left plate, if you knock it hard enough loading wood, it will bounce out. Just reset the bottom as described and push towards the outer wall and your all set.

Thanks for the reply. I also have a question about the small plate covering the damper. I noticed that it doesn't have any holes. How do I adjust the air flow if the damper cover plate doesn't have holes?

You just move the lever back and forth, follow the little icon thingy and it'll tell you which is open and which way is closed.

The air doesn't come in through the draft control cover plate, it's routed through a manifold and is directed down over the glass to help keep it clean.

Might be worth finding n owner's manual on line or somewhere, dude.

Reactions: NHcpa
Thanks for the reply. I also have a question about the small plate covering the damper. I noticed that it doesn't have any holes. How do I adjust the air flow if the damper cover plate doesn't have holes?
Just as Defiant3 states. I tell you what, I will pdf the owners manual and parts list for you. In exchange, if you find me broken down on the side of the road (and you won’t), you better stop and offer aid. Since you found the damper, check inside for the gasket. I replaced mine at least 3 times and others will tell you they never go bad...

Thanks for the help guys. Well...I just sold the stove. Didnt want to dump any more money into it. Sold it for $700.