1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jotul Firelight 12, should I buy?..

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by execute.method, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Ah... yes, the current F3 non-cat. I was thinking of the older Series 3 stoves, which were available in both non-EPA and catalytic models. Sorry for the confusion.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bentrice

bentrice New Member

Loc:
    Abingdon, VA
    I bought this stove! I drove to Boone, NC last night and hauled it back to Abingdon. Turns out, this stove wasn't care for very well. There is black RTV in a few places it shouldn't be that I'm laboriously scraping off. This stove is going to need about $600 worth of parts at least. Still a good buy. Would cost me $2400 to get something new of this quality....
    raybonz and Joful like this.
  3. execute.method

execute.method New Member

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    I was going to pick it up on Sunday, but she called me and said you had left a message on her machine.
    Good luck with it! I hope it works out well for you.

I am going to pick this up tomorrow:
    3F63p33N35N85L55J8cbrdacf4b5f282515bd.jpg 3k03L33p75L45Kd5Hdcbra0c55c70222a15a6.jpg

For the same price she wanted for the stove you bought. I've gotta drive a little further, but I think it's well worth it.
    raybonz and fishingpol like this.
  4. execute.method

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    Edit:
    I'm joining the OSLO club!!!!
  5. bentrice

bentrice New Member

Loc:
    Abingdon, VA
    Nice! I like the single front door. Enjoy! We have a cold winter ahead of us.
    execute.method likes this.
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    It's not a Club though . . . it's an Order . . . the Order of the Oslo Owners.
    execute.method likes this.
  7. execute.method

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    Wow! This Oslo stove is BEAUTIFUL. A couple minor enamel chips, but it looks practically unused in the fire box.

Also came away with a small cast iron wood rack, a tool set and a rick and a half of well seasoned oak.

All for $550.
    raybonz likes this.
  8. Bluerubi

Bluerubi Member

Loc:
    Auburn, NH
    I just finished my rebuild on the Firelight 12, and found really good parts and advice from the folks at woodmanspartsplus.com in NH. When I called Jotul USA directly these are the guys they sent me to for all my needs since they considered this to be a discontinued model that they wouldn't support.

Enjoy!
  9. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    WoodsmanPartsPlus is a great shop, but with whom did you talk at Jotul? This model is discontinued, but still fully supported, as of recently. I've had a few conversations with their tech's about Firelight 12's (and Series 8's) in the last year.
  10. Bluerubi

Bluerubi Member

Loc:
    Auburn, NH
    I don't remember her name, but she said earlier this week that I'd have to go elsewhere for support. I got her to send me over to tech support anyway, and my message was never returned.
  11. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Oh well! Thus ends an era.