JOTUL OSLO F 500 poor air circulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful though, Sootfoot... You had a 900deg stove top the other day when you were burning 2x4s, so maybe this issue is more MC than flue-height related..?

Any jotul dealer should have thermostats got my online from store in Colorado the Oslo is a machine the more you get familiar with it you will love it get a couple of years of wood dry so by next year you will appreciate it that much more leaving a bed of coals is recommended I used to clean out and it makes it harder to keep fire going just empty ash pan and then fire it back up have found that putting down some dry small splits like kindling size then your bigger stuff will help my first year with the stove was a learning process thought my wood was dry enough but found out the longer it cut split and stacked the better making sure the chimney is at least two feet above tallest peak of house helps I was a mason for twelve years trust me the height will help with the draw after a little time you will see that this stove is a monster

Any jotul dealer should have thermostats got my online from store in Colorado the Oslo is a machine the more you get familiar with it you will love it get a couple of years of wood dry so by next year you will appreciate it that much more leaving a bed of coals is recommended I used to clean out and it makes it harder to keep fire going just empty ash pan and then fire it back up have found that putting down some dry small splits like kindling size then your bigger stuff will help my first year with the stove was a learning process thought my wood was dry enough but found out the longer it cut split and stacked the better making sure the chimney is at least two feet above tallest peak of house helps I was a mason for twelve years trust me the height will help with the draw after a little time you will see that this stove is a monster

As for a vacuum I just use a normal dirt devil bought from kohls just a canister one that I can dump out and clean out the filter by banging it out or using air compressor or leaf blower

Status
Not open for further replies.