Jotul Oslo owners....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad3

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2007
Southeast CT
I just received a new air control handle from the rep. It has a different bend in it than the original had in it. Works great, smooth with no binding. It was a warranty issue so the parts didn't cost me anything. They even threw in a new plate (same, didn't need it).
If anyone else has this problem, give a rep a call,
Chad

Hi, I just got my stove about 5 weeks ago and I notiiced that mine sticks from about halfway to closed. Also, it gets so hot that I need to use a piece of 3/8 black iron pipe to move it. I also wish it was longer.

Jim

No help with the heat deal, but in terms of the sticking, its smooth as butter now. I'll keep the post informed of if it keeps smooth operation.
Chad

Chad, how old's your stove?

Got my oslo set up in the spring and just started burning this fall. Probably a quarter to half cord so far. I've had the air control dis-assembled 3x so far. It definitely hangs up where the jog in the chrome rod hits the nubs in the iron slide. Last time, just a few days ago, I threw a bunch of graphite in there, been working ok since. I've called the dealer each time so far and he's got no answers so far. Good to see this post. Think I'll call him again....soon!

BTW, my Oslo will heat the bejeesus outta my place, not unusual to be 85+ F. in the living room :):):)

2 years, it replaced a 118. The heat is great, but a bit tempermental depending on the weather. Glass can't seem to stay clean. I may still have somethings to learn about this stove. As I said, the new part has a different bend in it.
Chad

chad3 said:
I just received a new air control handle from the rep. It has a different bend in it than the original had in it. Works great, smooth with no binding. It was a warranty issue so the parts didn't cost me anything. They even threw in a new plate (same, didn't need it).
If anyone else has this problem, give a rep a call,
Chad

Thanks for the posting Chad. We've had a few F500 and F600 that have reported having problems with a sticky air control. It's good hear that Jotul has a fix. Do you have a part number for the new lever?

I don't, gave him the old part number. I compared the two however and the new one seemed longer with a smoother bend. My old one had almost a kink at about a 45 degree angle. This is where they catch and gets hard to close more. The rep belongs to a club that I do and I noticed his plate said Jotul on it so I asked him about it. Got me the new one. Next time I see him if no one else gets any info, I'll ask him.
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.