Just gave my stove the big annual cleaning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strangemainer

Sep 2, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
What a great feeling now that that is over!

Replaced burn pot gasket, window gasket, door gasket, hopper gasket, combustion blower gasket, and convection gasket.
Vacuumed every nook and cranny. And cleaned out the vent pipe.

Now if i can find a deal on pellets!!!

strangemainer said:
What a great feeling now that that is over!....
x2

It is a GREAT feeling to know that all you have to do is throw pellets in, and hit the ON button when the cold starts. :)

Don't forget to leave it unplugged for the summer. Just safer that way. Also plug the vent and OAK wihile you are at it.

Happy pellet hunting to you!

I will no doubt plug the vents.

Forgot about that !!

I need to take my combustion blower off to clean it. Scared that I will mess thing up if I do though. It is very hard to get to.

jtakeman said:
Don't forget to leave it unplugged for the summer. Just safer that way. Also plug the vent and OAK wihile you are at it.

Happy pellet hunting to you!

Mine is unplugged, hopper empty & vacuumed, silica gel moisture absorber in firebox, rag stuffed up the exhaust pipe, and OAK is duct taped up outside.....15 minutes and I can be ready to fire her up!

silica gel, interesting, I might try this, last year I sprayed the inside with PAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.