Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Andrew

Sep 29, 2013
sw Ct
I just wanted to say thanks to all the people here that contribute so much useful info. Last September 2012, I ran into this site and started reading all about pellet stoves. Two weeks later I went out and brought a Cumberland 3800 stove and 5 tons of gt pellets and of course an oak. Well I can say without a doubt it was one of the best investments I've ever made.. I heated my entire 1800sf house and used exactly zero oil. Not only that but my house was a very comfortable. The previous year it cost me 5200 in oil. I still can't believe it and either can my neighbors. lol. The funny thing is how the oil company I was under a contract with kept harassing me and assuming I was getting heating oil from somewhere else. I never could have figured all of this out if it wasn't for all of the people here that take the time to answer the repeating newbie questions and yes I made alot of common newbie mistakes. So I wanted to say hi and write this for other that might be looking into this great heating source. For those that like to look at the numbers here is my situation. Stove cost was 2050, exhaust and oak was 375, stone hearth about 100, pellet cost 1325 delivered. I did the install myself over 2 days time. My only regret is not finding this site sooner. Of course I will include a picture to prove it happened. One question- Does taking delivery of seven tons make me a pig? Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20130929_234941.jpg
    20130929_234941.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 138
Glad to hear somebody post experience with the Cumberland stoves. Very little info here on what should be a hell of a pellet stove.

Welcome to the forum! However, we don't believe anyone unless we see pics as proof (hint, hint) No pics=it didn't really happen.;)

Pics of the unit burning are the preferred ones. ==c

PS: We hope we see a nice, quality surge protector on the power cord in the pic(s) you post.

7 tons will certainly get you in! 4 3/5 got me in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.