Just Wondering... Which stoves are gravity feed and which are bottom feeders...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
I guess I would find this interesting... is your stove a top or bottom feeder?

Same as the Bear with the stoves in the house. Harmans are coming this week or next so I will let you know. Kinda of a Ford vs. Chevy argument. Should be an interesting poll.

Eric

My stove a bottom feeder. I think all of the Harmans are.

Krooser: What did you mean by gravity feed? I guess most feed via gravity from hopper to auger shute.

My Advance being a Harman is bottom feed. I think I would have had big problems with the APC pellets I just burned if it was not a bottom feed. There was so much ash in the burnpot I can't believe it kept running, but the design just keeps pushing them out.

Country Flame Harvester - gravity fed/auger.

Can we break the poll down even farther while we're at it?.....if it's gravity fed, is it by auger or lift wheel ( as in a fairus wheel at the carnival ).

A lot of you guys are more informed about the various types of augers... I'll let someone else get a poll going with more options.

I posted this as I have always heard about the bottom auger models and really didn't look at every option before I bought my St Croix... so who's up to the task of posting a more refined poll?

cheap charlie /pelpro is gravity feed, no auger that i know of or saw...just a drop chute, air did the rest.

mike

mjbrown65 said:
cheap charlie /pelpro is gravity feed, no auger that i know of or saw...just a drop chute, air did the rest.

mike
Nope...it's got an auger just like all the rest. Gravity feeds the auger... the auger then delivers the pellets according to the feed rate that you set.

25-pdvc , bottom feed dual auger system

krooser said:
mjbrown65 said:

mike
Nope...it's got an auger just like all the rest. Gravity feeds the auger... the auger then delivers the pellets according to the feed rate that you set.

sorry krooser...thanx for the correction

mike

Enviro Meridian, top feeder, auger.

I was just curious because you see quite a few posts about auger problems.. broken or clogged. Just wondering which is less prone to problems.... btw my St. Croix is gravity feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.