Kent Tile Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StefB21

Apr 29, 2021
Australia
Hi there I have just moved into a house where the heating is a Kent Tile Fire it looks similar to the pics of teb ones from the 1980’s. I have no idea how to use it. It only has one lever on the top left hand side that seems to lock the door. Is this also the air? Not sure if there is a damper? Any help would be very much appreciated. It’s going to get cold here soon! :) will post a pic if I can. Work out how

CFFD37D2-01F7-40FB-A6BF-D5EBA3524824.jpeg EAD6768B-06A8-4D13-967E-CFE762480526.jpeg

Hi there I have just moved into a house where the heating is a Kent Tile Fire it looks similar to the pics of teb ones from the 1980’s. I have no idea how to use it. It only has one lever on the top left hand side that seems to lock the door. Is this also the air? Not sure if there is a damper? Any help would be very much appreciated. It’s going to get cold here soon! :) will post a pic if I can. Work out how

View attachment 278276 View attachment 278277
If anyone can help would be great to know how to clean it- any maintenance needed. I’m sure it has not been done for years. Thanks!

View attachment 278276 View attachment 278277
The lever on the left top is for primary air. Slide to the left is open, slide to the right is closed.
The one on the right top is a dual function lever. It closes the damper plate when pushed in and locks the door.
Starting a fire, have the air lever open and the damper half open. When having a good fire, close air 75% and fully close damper.

Reactions: begreen