King pellet kp130 stove issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bassmasters

Jan 25, 2021
NW PA
Hi guys first post here have been looking around the forums a lot with no luck to my specific issue with my brand new kp130 I just installed in my attached semi insulated garage. After reading on here about the doors I trimmed my glass seal on the bottom and had to do some adjusting to my latch so my door would stay shut... that was a surprise coming home and seeing the door wide open with a raging fire and full fire pit... anyways I’m having a issue with the draft fan light blinking, on initial start up it will fire up a fire fine and instead of the blower kicking on the draft fan light will blink and the draft fan will just pulse for a while before the flame goes out and fills my garage with smoke puffing it out the air intake which is not installed. When it starts to do this if I hit the off then on button right away it starts and runs fine. Then when running on its hit or miss whether the draft fan light will blink or not. Any recommendations? Here are some videos. First one is it on initial start up not kicking the blower on (((edit vid was too large just have second and third ))and second is it running with no codes on setting 2 and then onsetting 1 in the third video but the light was blinking but running fine

Attachments

• IMG_0727.MOV
    17.8 MB
  • 63328467663__44C574A0-53D8-4477-8400-62553CB2F037.MOV
    1 MB
I’m having somewhat similar issues with the draft fan pulsing. The stove runs fine for many hours, then it will stop feeding pellets and snuff out. I get either error 2 or error 3 regularly. Support tells me I need to adjust the draft fan setting. The error codes indicate it’s jamming or not getting enough air. If I turn it off and back on again it works fine so the error codes are bogus.

As far as the draft fan pulsing, my 6500 does the same thing. It uses the same control setup as yours. After some research it appears that the pulsing draft fan is normal.

In the USSC Troubleshooting sticky thread there are a bunch of technical manuals to adjusting your settings. Might not be one for your exact stove, but the process would be the same. You can set the low and high point for the draft can while it runs on Auto, along with a bunch more things.

Have you tried setting the draft on manual and running it a different speeds to see what helps?

It is also extremely important that the entire air intake/exhaust path is very clean. If it is not then the stove won't burn correctly regardless of settings.