Knee Killer!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is the area I call the bowl, have some hard maple and beech that are down in this area. This will test your knees.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0223.jpg
    100_0223.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_0083.jpg
    100_0083.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 474
zapny said:
This will test your knees.
Zap

So, do you have 'young' knees or 'old' knees? Or, do your knees just feel old at the end of the day? :)

Seriously, we used to squirrel hunt on land like that - I know what you mean!

Shari

Gotta be great having access to so much firewood! I truly have firewood envy when I see your posts! Thanx for sharing all your pix! How much wooded land do you have access to?

Ray

Zap, does your atv pull a full load up those hills?

That side hill reminds me of when we cut along the creek bank. I learned to never do it when the ground is wet! Too easy to slip. I did one time and couldn't cut wood for the rest of that winter. Nasty.

Shari said:
zapny said:
This will test your knees.
Zap

So, do you have 'young' knees or 'old' knees? Or, do your knees just feel old at the end of the day? :)

Seriously, we used to squirrel hunt on land like that - I know what you mean!

Shari

Knees feel good at 51 but after cutting on the side of the hill they feel worked.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, does your atv pull a full load up those hills?

That side hill reminds me of when we cut along the creek bank. I learned to never do it when the ground is wet! Too easy to slip. I did one time and couldn't cut wood for the rest of that winter. Nasty.

Hi Sav;

The only thing I pull up hill is the splitter, the wood comes down hill.

zap

Cut & drag the logs to a level spot if you can.

zapny said:
savageactor7 said:
I hate side hill lays.

Yes they are a pain but it's beech.

zap

If life was a beech it would be very good indeed! :cheese:

Ray

Won't the winch pull those out of the bowl?

SolarAndWood said:
Won't the winch pull those out of the bowl?

The beech should come down alright but I think the small maple I'll cut right there.

zap

I see a 35-50 hp 4wd tractor with a 3pt winch in your future.

SolarAndWood said:
I see a 35-50 hp 4wd tractor with a 3pt winch in your future.

I wish, I would have to win the lottery or find a real good deal.

zap

My 30 yr old Ford does everything a new one does at a fraction of the price. And I'm pretty sure I will never use it up and will hand it down to my kids. Equipment is cheap right now. The 3 pt winches save a lot of wear and tear on both equipment and man especially on rugged terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.