Kozi keeps shutting down after lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a gas fireplace?

Last time the stove was COMPLETELY taken apart, cleaned, blown out, combustion blower cleaned & new gasket, exhaust system completely cleaned from top to bottom, etc, etc was.....??

Does the stove stop feeding pellets, or does it just suddenly shut off?

Possible vacuum switch issue......Is the vacuum switch & tube clear?

We take it apart every season before lighting it and clean it thoroughly. It does feed pellets normally. It just suddenly shuts down. I dont know about the vacuum switch. Where is it located? Its something I will check.

If it's a sudden shut off, light turning off a light switch, most likely that isn't a vacuum problem....those happen slowly, as the auger stops feeding pellets and the stove just slowly dies out, THEN shuts off.

If yours is like the "light switch" I mentioned, that sounds like a wiring/control board problem. I'd go & check all the wiring connections on the board (with the power disconnected!!) and also the incoming power.

BTW, which motor did you replace?

If it's a sudden shut off, light turning off a light switch, most likely that isn't a vacuum problem....those happen slowly, as the auger stops feeding pellets and the stove just slowly dies out, THEN shuts off.

If yours is like the "light switch" I mentioned, that sounds like a wiring/control board problem. I'd go & check all the wiring connections on the board (with the power disconnected!!) and also the incoming power.

BTW, which motor did you replace?

Sorry about the long delay. I got the damned thing working for a few days. It would burn all night long for a few nights. Then it just stopped working again. I'm back to the same issue. I can put a handful of pellets in the burn hopper, get it going, turn on the blower and auger and no matter what speed I set it at to feed after about 5 to 10 minutes it just shuts down. The pellets feed fine, it burns well....just quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.