Landlord has installed... something.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
berlin said:
you're lucky your landlord put anything in there; i would have simply yanked the old one out and told you to deal with the electric. btw, unless you plan on playing w/ vinyl chloride while playing with the stove, what does "poisoning" have to do with anything? My "advice" is to stop complaining, and use it; as the clearances to combustables are questionable, don't burn it too hot - use common sense.

Not an example of a 'good post'.

BrowningBAR said:
berlin said:
you're lucky your landlord put anything in there; i would have simply yanked the old one out and told you to deal with the electric. btw, unless you plan on playing w/ vinyl chloride while playing with the stove, what does "poisoning" have to do with anything? My "advice" is to stop complaining, and use it; as the clearances to combustables are questionable, don't burn it too hot - use common sense.

Not an example of a 'good post'.

Agreed . . . not good advice in regards to the clearance comment . . .

Jeez - I would have gone and found a decent one on CL and maybe offered to split the install $ and effort and make sure it's done right. LL gets a newer stove in his house (which he can figure into taxes as an expense), you get wood heat, and it's done right - any chance that'd work in your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.